Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ug and the Giant's Backyard

I've been pissing and moaning for the last few weeks about my lack of motivation, but I'm pleased to say that that isn't such a problem at the moment.  I've been able to write most nights, and I'm happy with my output.

That said, I do feel like I'm caught in-between projects.  Jack Manley and the Warlord of Infinity isn't selling, and The Lightless Labyrinth is quite far from completion.  What I really need is a finished project that I can release in the interim, if only to bolster my own morale.

Luckily, I have one.  About ten years ago I had a children's picture book published through a small press.  (This was an achievement somewhat mitigated by the fact that I was on the editorial team, albeit in a different department.)  Ug and the Giant's Backyard had about 200 copies printed, and to be honest I don't know how many of them were sold.  I didn't see any money out of it, but it was pretty exciting at the time.

I'm going to try to publish it again, with a few alterations.  I'm not going to touch the text very much, but I want to colour the illustrations this time.  I did the art myself, and I'm not going to change that.  I had a blast putting little macabre touches to an otherwise friendly kids' book.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it available within the next month or two.  I'll keep you posted!

WEEKLY PROGRESS:
The Lightless Labyrinth - 2144 words (31,508 total)

OTHER TIME-WASTING ACTIVITIES

What I've Been Reading
The  Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Marvel Comics from 1965

What I've Been Watching
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The Road
Resurrection season 1
Game of Thrones season 4

What I've Been Playing
The Game of Dungeons (aka dnd)

No comments:

Post a Comment