Monday, September 29, 2014

Positive Vibes

Remember how in my last post I tried to identify the reasons that I don't write enough?  Remember how I made all those grandiose plans to rectify the problem?  Well, forget about that business, because I sure did in a hurry.  From August 24th to September 28th I did no writing at all, unless you count shopping lists and crossword puzzles.

I could certainly make excuses for my lack of productivity.  I had a bunch of family commitments.  My son got sick.  My wife got sick.  I got sick.  I went to see half of Queen in concert.  Doctor Who came back.  Wrestling happened.  I've been a busy beaver, just not in a way that translates into productivity.

And you know what?  I'm cool with it.  My current plan is to lighten up about it, because it really is difficult for me to find the time to write.  So as long as I'm making some sort of progress I'm happy.  Eventually things will change, and I'll get more time to myself.  My son will start being able to entertain himself.  My family will die off one by one (this is a joke, just in case any humourless family members are reading this).  One day I'll even retire from my job.  In the meantime, I'll keep plugging away at my various writing projects, and so long as they're moving forward that's good enough.  It's time to let in some positivity and actually enjoy writing.

PROGRESS SINCE MY LAST POST:
The Lightless Labyrinth - 559 words (49,010 total)

OTHER TIME-WASTING ACTIVITIES:

What I've Been Reading:
The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan
King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard
The Marvel Timeline Project Vol. 1 by Jeff Deischer and Murray Ward

What I've Been Watching:
Not much WWE
Doctor Who season 8

What I've Been Listening To:
Queen, Queen and more Queen

What I've Been Playing:
Orthanc on the old PLATO mainframe

No comments:

Post a Comment