Monday, August 4, 2014

A Quietly Productive Month

It's been a while since I last posted, but these things happen.  I haven't had a particular urge to update things on here for a while, nor have I really had anything to write about.  Some people can bang on about there own writing endlessly, and never run out of interesting things to say.  I'm not one of them, so I decided not to force it.

To be honest I don't even have much to say in this post, but I decided to make an update anyway.  In ding so I compiled my word count, and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised.  I've been quietly plugging away at The Lightless Labyrinth, but I wouldn't say that I've been working hard.  Even so I've racked up a respectable total by my own standards.  If I did this much every month, I'd have a good-sized novel every two years or so.  That's not bad.

The best thing about this is that I know I can do better.  This is me on autopilot, writing a little bit here and there when I find the time.  There was a period of eight days in there where I did no writing at all.  The effort I need to put in to increase my output is negligible.  I can do it, and I can do it without killing myself.  That's good to know.

WRITING PROGRESS SINCE MY LAST POST:
 The Lightless Labyrinth: 6,242 words (45,501 total)

OTHER TIME-WASTING ACTIVITIES:

What I've Been Reading:
The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
The People That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs
The Marvel Timeline Project Part 1 by Jeff Dieschen and Murray Ward

What I've Been Watching:
Loads of WWE
Planes

What I've Been Playing:
The Game of Dungeons (aka dnd)

No comments:

Post a Comment