Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Charles Atlas Method: End of Week Six

Okay.  It's time to reset.

It may come as no surprise to people who know me personally, or even those rare souls who have been following this blog for any length of time, but I have not been taking this Charles Atlas project seriously.  I started it in good faith, and every intention of following the instructions to the letter.  As often happens with projects that I take up, my dedication has wavered.

Lessons 4 and 5 were difficult.  I discussed Lesson 4 in depth in my last post.  Lesson 5 involved a lot of neck and back exercises.  I was doing a lot of twisting, and a lot of moving my head back and forth while resisting with my hands.  (There was also a weird thing where I had to lean over and repeatedly karate chop my kidneys.  Don't ask me why.)  Said exercises were causing me a sore back and a stiff neck, so I didn't pursue them too diligently.  I did them perhaps one day out of every three, so needless to say I didn't get a lot of results.  I also didn't hurt myself, which is probably more important.

So where to from here?  I'm going to continue, with Lessons 6 and 7, and I'm still doing Lesson 1 almost every day.  That's the only one I've seen any results from, because I've been at it for over a month now.  It's hard to get anything out of the others, because they're over after two weeks.

Starting tomorrow I'm moving on to the next two lessons.  Lesson 6 has more back exercises (yay) and Lesson 7 is called "The True Tonic of Life", so there's bound to be some gems in that one.  I'll be back to discuss those in further depth next week.  Will I actually get my shit together and follow the instructions?  Probably not, but there's always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment